Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Western Balkans is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Catch the cable car up Mt Srd for breathtaking views of Dubrovnik, Croatia; watch the beautiful people over the rim of a coffee cup in Budva's cobbled Old Town lanes in Montenegro; and trek around the stunning landscapes of Kosovo's Rugova Mountains. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Western Balkans and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Western Balkans:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Covers: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia and more.
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Western Balkans is our most comprehensive guide to the Western Balkans, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Europe for an in-depth guide to the continent.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017